The K40 RL360i Radar Detector is the first radar detection system that provides directional awareness to police radar threats. What makes the RL360i special is the front and rear radar receivers, these give you the most complete radar detection protection available. The K40 RL360i can be customized to work with any vehicle and you can use up to 4 K40 g5 Laser Defusers to gain better protection from police radar threats. This listed price includes installation with front and rear radar receiver units.
***Due to the extreme, pinpoint accuracy and limited beam divergence of a police laser, any vehicle with a larger profile front end, no front license plate, or chromed plastic should be outfitted with two or more Laser Defuser g5s to ensure full coverage and protection.***
- Directional Awareness -- The RL360i gives the driver increased detection range with front-focused and rear-focused radar receivers. This dual receiver configuration allows for front and rear directional awareness to police radar threats through voice alerts and two LEDs (the left is for front radar signals, and the right is for rear).
- Discreet & Custom Installation -- Installed by master technicians, the RL360i retains the appearance of the vehicle's interior by using only two alert LEDs in the instrument cluster and an easy-to-conceal remote (see photo above). The remote controls everything from the brightness of the alert LEDs to the system's mute settings and GPS features.
- Quiet Ride -- The K40 RL360i allows the driver to set a minimum detection speed that eliminates all audible alerts until the vehicle exceeds that selected speed. You decide when you want to hear an alert. With Quiet Ride, there are no more constant, annoying alerts when traveling in areas with a high concentration of non-police radar sources (example: automatic doors).
- Mark to Alert -- The RL360i allows the driver to build their own database of locations that are important to them. Mark to Alert for locations such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red light cameras.
- Speed Monitor -- This feature gives the driver a constant audible alert whenever a preselected speed is exceeded. The interior LEDs will also illuminate. Great for young/new drivers or those with an accidental lead foot.
Level/Mode Sensitivity Recommended Use 1.Highway (factory default setting) Detects all types of North American approved police radar at maximum range and sensitivity For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used. 2. City The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar signals. K, Ka, and Laser remain at full sensitivity. When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals. 3. Filter X-Band detection is eliminated completely. K and Ka-Band sensitivity are reduced by 50%. Use this mode when traveling in congested traffic areas with a high concentration of non-police radar signals. Specifications Technical Operating Frequencies 10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
24.050 - 25.250 GHz (K-Band)
33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
GHz = gigahertz
Power Requirements 11.0 - 16.0 Volts DC negative ground170 mA typical standby Remote Control CR2032 Cell Battery Dimensions:
Front Radar Receiver
Rear Radar Receiver
Interior Host Module
3.07 in L x 1.4 in W x.47 in H
4.10 in L x 3.20 in W x 2.00 in H w/attached 15' cable
4.10 in L x 3.20 in W x 2.00 in H w/attached 20' cable
2.00 in L x 2.00 in W x .50 in H w/attached 20' cable
5.749 in L x 3.249 in W x 0.90 in H w/ attached audio quality speaker
Weight Total system 2.5 lbs Temperature Range -40° - +165° Fahrenheit
Additional System Features:
- Handheld Remote Control - Visor clip or dash mounting options
- Voice Type - Female or Male
- Alert Type - Voice or Tones
- Distinct Tones for all Bands - X, K, Superwide Ka, and Laser alerts (when optional Laser Defuser g5 is incorporated)
- Fully Independent Customization - Each radar receiver can be independently customized for band awareness and alerts
- Start-Up Sequence - Audible and visual sequence at start-up
- Abbreviated Test - Optional abbreviated start up sequence
- Display Type - Single/Dual blue LEDs or warning pods custom-integrated into driver's cockpit view
- Signal Strength Indicators - Audible Geiger strength indications