Often with larger tires and off-road use, the factory ball joints tend to wear out. This causes steering shimmy, uneven tire wear and in some cases, the dreaded "Death Wobble". As a pioneer in the off-road industry, Teraflex has designed a superior ball joint that is made of 4140 Chromoly Steel that is uniquely designed for optimum performance. These are also heat treated with grease fittings for a simple servicing without the need to pull the entire steering knuckle off!
Upper Ball Joint Features
- Extremely hard sintered wear bushings to handle extreme side load demands w/out failure
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud & 1045 carbon steel housing
- Factory-style serrated flange nut & grease fitting
Lower Ball Joint Features
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball/stud to socket wear protection
- Wear plate features grease channels for increased flow through entire joint ensuring longevity & predictable operation
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion & friction throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- Huge 30mm (1.18”) ball
- Factory style serrated flanged castle nut
- Ball joint pre-load adjustability provides the end user w/ near effortless wear adjustment (kit includes Preload Adjustment Tool)
- Low-profile single lip dust seal eliminates torn conventional dust boot concerns
- Adjustable ball stud retaining ring for accurate initial & future preload adjustments that can be done w/out any axle disassembly
- Adjustable preload can be performed w/ simple hand tools
- Adjustable end cap w/ two zerk fittings allow greasing access from either side w/out axle shaft removal even w/ larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the retaining ring allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Low-profile seal prevents contaminants, while allowing spent grease to evacuate from the ball joint
- Upper ball joints w/out knurl - pair
- Lower ball joints w/out knurl - pair
- Teraflex recommends Ball Joints w/out Knurls (# 3442002 or # 3440000) as they will not score the inner knuckle & open up the bore.
- We also offer Ball Joint w/ Knurls (# 3442022 or # 3440020) for ball joints that have a loose press fit in the inner knuckle due to repeated ball joint replacement or if knurled ball joints have been installed in the past.